Thursday, March 4, 2010

Review of Monsters vs Aliens

My mini review on Monsters VS Aliens: I give it 4/5 stars. The animation was detailed and amazing! That is to be expected for a Dreamworks animated film though. This was their funniest one! I laughed out loud so many times-- so did most of the audience. There were jokes silly enough for kids but many were ones that only adults could understand and appreciate. This is what separates Dreamworks animation from Pixar. They don't have to be as tame as Pixar, since Pixar is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.
Finally, the story was great and the vocal performances were good but Rainn Wilson as the villian was incredible. I couldn't tell it was him, so he went above and beyond. All the other voices were obvious, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing.
I don't want to give too much away. I leave you with one tip (if you haven't seen it): Stay for the credits! I did because I usually do anyway (Yes, I'm a movie nerd) so most who were with me did and was treated to an extra scene, which was hilarious! It came on halfway through the credits.
The message of the film was cliché and trite but a nice one nonetheless.   A great message for kids ... and even some adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment